Saturday morning 5/30/09 we got up early to hike Timp Cave. It was Cam's (nicks brother) birthday and that is what he wanted to do...good idea Cam!! We had soooo much fun. Surprisingly I had never hiked it before. I have hiked to the top of Timp peak a couple of times but had never done the cave. We bought a pack to carry Nolan in and can I even tell you how much he LOVED it! I was scared he wasn't going to like it cause when we were trying them on at REI he was not havin it. He seemed miserable in the pack...I think he was just tired, luckly! We are so excited to hike more this summer with Nolan since he loved his pack :) Sorry for the picture overload, once again I couldn't decide what pictures to post so why not post them all :) enjoy!

Cam and Nolibear

Getting ready to start the hike

and we're off

family photo :)


Nick, Nolan and Grandpa Mike (nicks dad)

lovin the outdoors!


Nick and Nolan

the best in-laws in the world (and I mean that)

my 2 handsome boys, who I LOVE soooo much!

Nolan was so intrigued with Cam's headphones

inside the cave...it was so cool. Amazing to think it's literally in our backyard

Nolan did amazing inside the cave. He didn't even make a peep! When the tour was over we got so many compliments from others on how GOOD he was being. They couldn't believe how good he was for a dark, cold cave. You would think it would have scared him! Nolan is the best baby anyone could ask for. We truly consider ourselves blessed!

all done...getting ready for the hike down


family shot

a view from the top...breath taking! I love Utah, we live in such beauty

this is so funny....Because Nolan missed his morning nap, he started getting soooo sleepy on the way down. Look how heavy those eyes are......

can't quiet keep them open any longer.....

He totally fell asleep!

it was the cutest thing ever!

the end!
7 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I rode my bike that morning on the Alpine Loop, wasn't it a perfect day to be up in our beautiful mountains! I am so glad they are right in our backyards! How lucky are we!!!
i freakin love that kid!
Nolan is so good because he has such a great mom.
What an a great day! I love hiking to the cave.
That family picture is awesome. All smiles. :)
I am glad you posted all of the pictures! That looks like soooooo much fun! I have never hiked Timp or the cave, but have always wanted too. Maybe Tug would go for one of those backpack things too. I don't know the age or weight limit. Would the cave be safe for an adventurous five year old named Gabe? I miss you Leslie! Nolan is such a cute baby, and I am glad he is such a delightful one too.
How cute is nolan? I was just thinking I need to take the kids and do Timp. I think they would love it. Miss you my friend!
Hey Leslie! Long time no chat! How the heck are you girl? I can't believe how big Nolan is getting! I hope things are going so great for you guys!
I don't know if you ever have time to look at my blog - but I stalk yours ;) I thought I'd let you know that I've gone private and if you'd like an invite email me at mariebelliston at hotmail dot com and tell me what email address you want me to send the invite to. Thanks! Marie
How cute is that, why are theyt so stinkin cute when they are asleep! I love it!
Post a Comment