I just got back from the most amazing girl trip! It was a very much needed vacation full of activity and fun. There is something so rejuvenating about being with girls and just having a good time. I went with my neighbor Shanan, her sister Shelby and Shelby's best friend Charity. We stayed in a condo in Island park right on lake Henry it was so beautiful!! I seriously think I could live there and be so happy. We drove into Yellowstone everyday and most of our days were filled with Mt. biking and hiking. I experienced Yellowstone in a whole new way...in the past we have always just drove the park and walked the little board walk stops. But it was such an adventure to actually bike Yellowstone. I felt like I got to see it like I never have before. It is the most mysterious/beautiful place on earth. Thanks Nick for taking some work off so you could be mr. mom for a few days while I had a great trip!

The crew

spotting an elk

a field of buffalo...look at the mom and babies crossing the river, amazing!

Shanan and myself, thank heavens to have the best neighbor in the world.


mom and baby just running down the road holding up traffic. I love all the animal traffic jams in Yellowstone. This mom buffalo was so protective of her little one.

Getting ready for our ride. Nick saw these pictures when I got home and said I look like a little boy with boobs!! haha...judge me if you will, I don't mind.

the trail was straight up hill so we like to say that we hike/biked it

at the end of the bike trail was this hike to the these falls but the weather got bad and started to rain so we weren't able to hike it. I am sure it was gorgeous though. It was an adventure to bike down in the rain :)

the crew


check this out....a freakin BEAR!!! If any of you know me this has been a life long dream to see a bear in the wild. I can't tell you how many times I have been to Yellowstone and have been to alaska and have never seen a bear. It was a dream come true!


Another day of biking


we biked to old faithful

chillin at old faithful



on our bike trail was this hike to this waterfall...beautiful!!

OK, this was a big inside joke, this shirt. The girls had this made for me cause the whole trip I kept saying "where the hell are the bears" I have been so bitter that I have never seen a bear in my life and every time I come to Yellowstone I always have that hope to see one. So when they saw this shirt they had to get it. Even though we did end up seeing one.

getting the car packed and ready to leave :(

bye bye yellowstone!!
Ok so here is the video of the bear! It was insane the traffic jam this caused. There were soooo many people watching this little bear. It was really my dream come true!
6 comments:
What did you name "your bear?" That is so cool. The little girl in the background was cracking me up!
That is so funny that we were there at the sametime!! It is so beautiful, I loved it!
What a fun trip! And you took some amazing shots!
So you have a mountain bike and a road bike? Girls who are athletic don't need big jugs right? :-) That is cool you biked Stone of Yellow, and you saw a bear. That would be a dream come true for me. I love your shirt!
Leslie you are so funny, I love it! I have never been to yellowstone but it looks like a good time, I think I need to go. How close to the Bear were you?
That looks like so much fun. We were just there last month, & while I sit here in the desert of Vegas looking at your pictures, I can't help but want to go back. We saw some bear too, but not like you guys. Your video was like something from national geographic or something.
Post a Comment