Monday, April 20, 2009

Fun weekend

Friday night (4/17/09) Nicks parents decided to stay in a hotel close to home, the new one by thanksgiving point. They got rooms for everyone so we could get out of the house and stay over night. Now that might sound silly to some of you, staying in a hotel 5 miles from our house... but it was so much fun. I felt like I was out of town and it got us out of our day to day routine. Nicks parents do this from time to time just so the grand kids can swim and hang out together. Thanks Mike and Barb for a great weekend and I have lot's of pictures to prove it!!

Nolan getting ready to swim for the first time!

Getting into the pool for the first time...he wasn't sure at first but he LOVED it!! I think it was the noise in the pool area that scared him more than the water. He warmed up and got used to it. It was really cute!!

have fun with dad and watching his cousins splash around


his cousins, Mitch and Maddie and his uncle Ty
Sarah, Josh, Mike and Barb...chillin in the hot tub

Nolan, Ty and Madison
my little lounge monkey

Such a happy baby!
All done swimming
A bath after the swim
a nap after the swim, this doesn't happen very often, him falling asleep anywhere other than his crib but he was pretty tired from all the action. I am just jealous that Nick got the snuggle!

Below is a video of Nolan swimming...when Nick would pull him along in the water he would totally kick his legs like a little frog, it was so cute. He was a natural in the water!


5 comments:

Laurel said...

How fun! I totally agree that a night in a hotel can make you feel a million miles away from home!

Melody said...

That was so nice of your in-laws to do. Sounds fun! Of course Nolan is a natural, his Momma is Mrs. fast Freestylin maniac!!! :-) I wish I had your skillz! I can't say enough how cute he is.

Melody said...

P.S. I canNOT wait to go riding with you. I had so much fun today. Only 5 of us went, and one of them was on a mountainbike. She did good though and didn't fall too far behind. I will let you know what the plans are for next week. :-)

Unknown said...

Mel I am so excited to have people to ride with, yay!! Hopefully I will be able to join you soon :)

TH said...

you do have a cute family and a trip to a hotel is a nice break. We wont stay in a place anymore with out a pool just for the kids sake. your trip to deer creek looked fun too.
T