Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary May 18, 2006

It was our 2nd anniversary on May 18th so we took off and spent the weekend in Star Valley, WY. If you don't know where that is, it is just outside of Jackson Hole, WY. It is so beautiful there and we stayed in the cutest little cabin. It was such a nice and very needed get away. I can't tell you how much I love to be with my wonderful hubby!! I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man. I can honestly say he is my best friend and we have so much fun together. No one can make me laugh like he can. I think these last 2 years have been the best 2 years of my life. I am so excited for the years to come. I have never met anyone more tender hearted, loving, compassionate, caring, sincere, honest, loyal, hardworking, funny, and patient as Nick! I love you so much Nick. I am sorry ladies, but I think I have the worlds best husband :) Here are some pictures of our getaway.

here are some pictures of the cute cabin we stayed in. It was so warm, cozy and romantic :)

huge jetted tub in the room
cozy little fire place
big log cabin bed
A nice flat screen tv :) which was so fun cause we just laid in bed at night and watched movies. We watch a great movie called Into the Wild. I highly recommend it although it was rated R. It was really good!
here is a profile picture of me 30 weeks pregnant. My belly is getting so big!! Not to mention everywhere else too. I am not one of those blessed pregnant ladies where everything just goes to the stomach. You would think I was pregnant in my face, butt, arms, legs and stomach!
Nick over looking the Snake River. We drove up to Jackson and spent the day there on Friday. We ate dinner at the Mangy Moose and it was sooo yummy. It was beautiful up there and it was perfect weather! I love Jackson Hole, it's got to be one of my favorite places.
Isn't my hubby such a hottie :) I defiantly think so!!

We hiked down to this rapid on the the Snake river called Lunch Counter. It's usually one of the biggest rapids on the river but since the river is low right now the rapid wasn't very big. If the river is high the rapid is huge. It's so much fun when you are actually floating the river. Growing up as a family we used to float the snake river about once a year. I miss those days!

The beautiful Snake River. There is something about water that just calms my soul. I know that might sound funny or cheesy but I am such a water girl.
Check out our sweet green rental car:) It was a brand new ford focus with only 100 miles on it. It came back to the shop after our trip with 850 miles on it cause we drove around a lot. We have decided it's so fun to go stay in hotels and drive rental cars...Not sure why it's so fun? But it just is. I think it's because it's not your own so you don't have to worry.

Happy Anniversary Nick you are the love of my life!!

17 comments:

Lee and Marie said...

WOOT WOOT!!! Happy 2nd Anniversary! Your weekend getaway sounds like so much fun! I'm totally jealous :)! That cabin was darling too :) And goodness girl you are SO cute pregnant! :) Do you have any names picked out yet? Can you believe its coming so fast? Haven't talked to you in a while I feel as though I have 20 questions now that I'm writing a comment... lol. Have you gotten into your townhome yet? Cute pictures! :) Love, Marie

Mindy said...

How fun. We went to star valley last summer and stayed with my family. We also love it there, it is so beautiful!!

Marisa said...

So cute!!! That looks like such a fun get away. What a way to relax and spend time together--especially before your little man comes! You look so good, Les, what are you talking about??? You're an adorable pregnant girl!

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

How fun, you look great. I need to plan our anniversary this next year!

Laurie said...

Omigosh! How fun for you guys!! Way cute cabin and way COOL flat screen tv!! Happy Anniversary! Time flies, almost 6 for us! You are adorable pregnant!! I love it!! Thanks for adding pregnant pics of yourself!! Love ya!

Melody said...

I am so glad you posted a picture of your cute pregnancy. You really do look good and now I have to come see you in person. You should still come over for dinner when you can. I want to go on a trip where you did, it looks so beautiful! I love your hair!

Ie Li said...

happy anniversary! So glad that you took the opportunity to get away before the baby comes.

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

You look so darn cute prego! You are glowing!

Cindy Tadje said...

Happy Anniversay!!! That looks like so much fun. Lets get a cabin up there one day and Ryan and Nick can roll rocks all day and we can make cookies and float the river!

Camille said...

You two are so freakin cute. How lucky is Nick to have you for a wife! I love Jackson. We are about an hour and a half drive from there and we have been 4 times this month. I cant get enough of that scenery. I like the way the mountains make me feel so small and peaceful. Happy Anniversary. Next time you come up, stop by and visit. By the way you look so great.

Taylors6 said...

well once again I can't read your font/writing with your black background BUT....your pictures are way cute and you look SOOOO cute prego!! YEAH!

Heidi P said...

Hey Leslie! I snooped you off Jamies blog- hope thats ok :)
You look so great! Congratulations on baby! That is so fun! Happy anniversary too! Fun to 'see' you! :)

Andrea Weaver said...

Hey Leslie! It's Andrea (Turnbull)....I saw your name on Marisa's blog and had no idea you married Nick. You two are such a darling couple and congrats on the baby on the way! You look so pretty brunette and I don't think anything is cuter than the prego belly!

Amanda said...

How fun les! You guys are so cute, perfect for each other. It was soooo good to see you!

Love you tons!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Les, we are so excited that you found us. You look so great. I know, Looking and feeling are two different things but you totally do look awesome! Congrats on the pregnancy and what are you having?? Names yet??? I love the Mangy Moose. Russ and I haven't been there in years. I will definatley let Quinn and Tami know to send you an invite. Looks like you guys have had fun traveling Everywhere!!

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Hey!
We didn't even know that you had a blog, until Russ and Suz told us. Congrats on the pregnancy!!! We are really happy for you, you look great! I love your hair dark. Two years went by really fast, I think last time we saw you was right after you got married. I am sending you an invite...
Good to see you how you are doing!

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Hi Leso, it's the Brusky! Tami told me that you hd gotten a hold of us and I decided to drop ou a line, the cruise looked really fun and made me want to go again, I think that is the way tami and I will travel for now on, and as for the baby, I can honestly say...I never thought you would finally go through with it, if you want to hear some horrer stories about kids, just give me a call, anyway, good luck and we'll pray for ya....you'll need it!