I love Conference weekend! It gives me the spiritual upliftment I need about every 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I get that spiritual rejuvenation with church each week but there is something so special about conference, to hear inspiring words from the prophet and aposils. It always gives me a sense of hope that I can be better and that we aren't expected to be perfect...that is why we need conference to better our lives and enrich our souls and I am so grateful for their words. One talk in particular helped ease my worries, fears and anxieties about becoming a new mother. Did any of you hear that talk on mothers? I can't remember who it was from. It was the 2nd to last talk in the 4th session...WOW!! Amazing!! I was so grateful for that talk and It always seems there is a particular talk directed towards your own personal needs. I was sad I had to miss out on Saturdays session. I got bits and pieces but we are in the process of moving and we spent the day packing boxes and moving things to our storage unit. We should be all moved by this weekend. We are moving into Nicks parents house for the next 3 or 4 months while our town house is being built in Saratoga Springs. We are so excited for our new home and we are so grateful we sold our condo in Eagle Mountain with the market the way it is. It sold so fast too!! We are so blessed. All in all things are good...many changes are coming our way, let me just name a few: moving this weekend, living with the in laws, pregnant, quiting work in about 2 months, having a new baby, and moving into our new town home. I hope I can handle it all. Pray for us, haha!! I might have a nervous breakdown at some point but luckily I seem to embrace change and except it as it comes. It's just a lot of change all at once. But I believe everything happens in life for a reason and purpose. I know we are being taken care of.
p.s. Nick made it home from Taiwan. Yipee! I am so glad he is home. Time away only makes me more fully appricate him and all that he does. He had a great time.
21 hours ago
12 comments:
Leslie-
I loved that talk! I can't remember who gave it but I felt like he was talking to me specifically. Mike just giggled when I said that. It reminded me that I need to slow down and enjoy the time of life I am in right now. What a great time it is. I am so lucky to be a mom. I am so happy for you to be a mom.
Hey Leslie,
I stumbled upon your blog while snooping! Hopefully you don't think I'm physcho, just thought I'd say hello. Good to see and read how you are doing and you're having a BABY!! Congrats! Melanie
I fell asleep and started crying because Justin woke me up during that talk and I was so tired. But then I was so thankful he woke me up because I needed that talk too. I believe it was Elder Ballard. I am so excited for you to experience the joy of motherhood. It just gets better and better (until they start talking back :-)) I am glad that you could sell your condo and will be so close to family when you have your baby. It really helps to have support. Thank you for being faithful and such an example to me. I miss seeing you every day. Me and Justin want to have you over for dinner.
We want to have Nick over with you. Sorry but I didn't know if that sounded weird.
Leslie
glad you don't think I'm crazy, it's so fun to see you guys and what you're all up to and how you're doing. I want to see Marissa's page and say hello but she has it blocked? I haven't figured out how to ask her permission or whatever. Well I'll keep in touch
Congrats on selling one house and moving on to another. That is so great! I'm sure you will make through all the transitions, and gain strength from it all.
P.S. That was a fabulous talk (that was Elder Ballard). It happened to be about the only talk I got to listen all the way through uninterupted by little kids. Go figure :)
I also LOVED that talk!!! It was absolutely amazing. Isn't conference weekend the best? i agree that it leaves you feeling spiritually filled. My inlaws were here and so we missed Saturday afternoon, too.
Good luck with all the changes! That really is so exciting and a blessing that your condo sold in such a crazy market--it proves it was meant to be. Where is your town house at in Saratoga springs?
That was my FAVORITE talk too!! Please let me know if there is anything Nate and I can do to help you out in these next busy months!!
Hey Les, let's do something before you guys move!! Take a pic of that cute pregnant belly, I am dying to see it!!
hey Laur, we actually already moved. We moved about 2 weekends ago. But we should still do something:) How are you the baby boys?
love ya girl! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! HAHA....it will all pay off in the end; you're right, there are things you have to learn that only He can teach you by being in the situation you are.
Thanks for keeping up the blog. I miss you!!!!
love ya girl! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! HAHA....it will all pay off in the end; you're right, there are things you have to learn that only He can teach you by being in the situation you are.
Thanks for keeping up the blog. I miss you!!!!
Post a Comment