Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th Alpine Fire

We ventured out to have a camp out in the back yard of Nicks parents house (a 4th of July tradition) and when we were driving there we noticed a cloud of smoke coming from the mountains in Alpine and knew a fire was a brewin! As we arrived we watched for a while before we had to evacuate because the fire was too close.  So we ended up spending the night in a hotel up in Salt Lake.  In the morning we returned and pretty much watched the fire burn most the day.  Although we were able to enjoy fireworks I guess we had our own firework show going on all day


Watching the airplanes work hard to put the fire out




 Nick and Milo observing the fire...I love this, they have the same face expressions




 I had to add these photos for my own observing...he's a handsome man!

 The crew watching the mountain burn :(


 Pretty insane!


 Nolan playing with cousin Josh



 Grandpa watching the fire




 Milo being his cute self




 My little Nolibear







 Watching the fire burn into the night...

0 comments: